How is an elastic belt different?
The main differentiator between elastic belts and ordinary belts is, of course, that the straps are made with stretchy elastic material. There are two main forms of elastic: webbing (knit or woven) and elastic cord (often braided). Elastic fabrics are made from rubber and another material, most often cotton, nylon or polyester. The most common types of stretch belts are braided elastic belts, surcingle belts and elastic webbing belts. BESTA stretch belts are made with woven polyester elastic webbing, which is the highest quality elastic available.
What are the advantages of elastic belts?
The main advantages to wearing an elastic belt include:
- The elastic strap stretches, providing “give” that enhances comfort.
- Stretchy belts grip the waist better, helping to keep your pants up.
- The belt flexes with movement, causing no restriction of motion.
- Flat elastic does not weigh a lot, keeping belts light and supple.
- With tension adjusted, elastic belts put less pressure on abdomen.
There are additional advantages to BESTA belts specifically, including the type of elastic we use and the proprietary design of our thermoplastic belt buckle.
Who could benefit from wearing an elastic belt?
Stretch belts are very comfortable and highly functional, so truly just about anyone would benefit from wearing one. However, there are many specific use cases, some of which were originally envisioned and others that have been reported by enthusiastic customers.
- Sports like hiking, fishing, hunting, golfing, skiing, snowboarding, rock climbing and more.
- Work situations like truck driving, wearing under hospital scrubs and long hours sitting or standing.
- Also, the non-metallic buckle is convenient for airports and anywhere with metal detectors.
- Weight fluctuations - the elastic provides comfort stretch and greater adjustability.
- GERD - the belt conforms to one's waist without being too tight, which can cause acid reflux.
- Crohn’s disease - lightweight tension puts less pressure on one's abdomen.
- Abdominal surgery - again, the stretch provides greater comfort and less irritation.
- Metal (nickel) allergy - the buckle is made from non-metallic thermoplastic.
- Impairment - the buckle can be operated with one hand and is easy to use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by a medical professional and should not be construed as medical advice. These are actual uses that have been described by customers.